A family law case impacts everyone involved on an emotional level, especially minor children. Selecting an appropriate family law lawyer is critical. Mr. Carroll represents clients in all types of family law matters, including divorce, child custody and parenting time, paternity and interstate and international family law matters, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements, spousal maintenance, and child support. He is also experienced in resolving disputes regarding business and professional valuations. Mr. Carroll's goal is always to help his clients move forward towards resolution of the case, not aggravate the situation with costly and insignificant skirmishes. Whenever possible, Mr. Carroll feels it is in the best interest of his clients to explore the possibility of settlement, in whole or in part. He believes that most contested cases can be settled on fair terms before trial when each party is informed and represented by a lawyer who prioritizes the best interest of his or her client. When the parties are unable to resolve the case, however, Mr. Carroll is ready, willing, and able to effectively carry the case through trial. Among the areas of family law that Mr. Carroll practices are:
· Child support
· Spousal support (alimony).
· Representation of a wide range of clients, including professionals, sports figures, and other high net-worth individuals.
· Military Divorce
· Orders of Protection
· Child custody relocation cases.
· Third party visitation claims (in loco parentis).
· Claims regarding grandparent rights.· Disputes under the Hague Convention and the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act involving situations in which a parent has improperly taken a child to another jurisdiction.· Drafting of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements involving complex business assets, inherited and gifted property, commingled assets and retirement accounts.· Division of pensions, profit-sharing plans, stock option plans, and other defined-benefit and deferred-compensation plans for both individuals and companies.· Representation of unmarried couples and same-sex couples in resolving issues concerning custody of children and the division of property.· Negotiation and drafting of cohabitation agreements to define the rights of parties residing together.· Appeals of family law matters.
· Post-Divorce modification proceedings
· Contempt proceedings